I feel a connection to my Southern surroundings. Born and raised in the South, it is still inspiring to be among the moss-covered live oaks and antebellum homes or feel the sugar white sands between my toes or hear the blues and jazz wafting through the thick Southern air. Where ever I am in my beloved South it fuels me. Inspiration is all around and is the creative drive that influences my work.
LIVING ALONG THE GULF COAST all my life, especially from our beach cottage to Mobile to New Orleans ... plus all the wonderful travels in between ... has given me a distinctly Southern perspective in my art. Pieces are inspired by the traditions, grace and beauty of these Southern places and the people as well as the architecture, music, flora & fauna, and folklore of the region.
SINCE MY FIRST PENCILS AND PAINT BRUSHES as a young child and piano lessons with a strict, Julliard-trained teacher who I adored, I enjoyed the freedom and beauty of the arts. As a young girl photographing with my father then later receiving my first Nikon camera as a gift from him, my love affair with photography and all its possibilities was complete. This became my focus. I was determined to always incorporate the creative process throughout my life and career. My friends and family have always urged me on and been so supportive. I am constantly photographing and sketching or writing in my journals using the South as my muse.
IT HAS BEEN A WONDERFUL journey. My undergraduate and graduate degrees honed my talents. I worked commercially in photojournalism, an ad agency and even taught my creative passions. One day my husband, who is my biggest fan and supporter, suggested I take the work I did in a completely personal, creative direction with my own business. It is the perfect fit for me!
OVER THE YEARS, my photography has been published and placed in galleries, public spaces and private collections; my writing has been printed in journals, magazines and newspapers; even my art and design work in stationery, home and lifestyle which is heavily drawn from my photography has been sold wholesale for several years. Now some of these artistic works are offered online. I continue to delight in this creative adventure.
ENJOY THIS TRIP with me .... and, as always, thanks for your interest in my work.
A BIT ABOUT theRDBcollection BRAND ...
• theRDBcollection of PHOTOGRAPHY is developed in the darkroom by me or with professional machines for any digital or poster work using only the highest quality of archival, museum-quality photo papers, canvases, mattes and backboards.
• theRDBcollection of STATIONERY is created by me and printed on professional machines with fine papers and inks that hold color and design well.
• theRDBcollection for your HOME and LIFE are both heavily inspired by my Southern photography and are the perfect way to personalize your space and your life with pieces that are interesting or special to you. This LIFESTYLE line adds a bit of fun to the function of everyday accessories.
ALL PIECES ARE DESIGNED with care and attention to detail especially for you.
OTHER IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF theRDBcollection ...
• CUSTOM ORDERS AND COMMISSIONS are also a regular part of my business as is using the handmade ecommerce platforms. My newest venture of partnering with online art businesses to sale photography and lifestyle works of mine is also exciting.
• INTERIOR DESIGN FIRMS, ART HOUSES AND BUSINESS CLIENTS also commission me to do art or design work for their business or clients. It is an interesting creative process and an honor to work with them on these commercial projects.
••••• •••••••••• ••••• •••••••••• •••••••••• ••••• •••••••••• ••••• •••••••••• ••••• ••••••••••
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
I LOVE TO HEAR from my customers so feel free to get in touch here or connect with me on Instagram @therdbcollection or Twitter @rdbcollection
theRDBcollection loves WHOLESALE clients too so if you are interested in your shop or gallery becoming a retail partner send your info and interests to wholesale [!at] therdbcollection.com or contact me initially here if you prefer.
COMMERCIAL clients challenge and delight me so contact me at renee [!at] therdbcollection.com and let's collaborate. If you are with an interior design group, art house or business I can help with your art + design needs.
YOU CAN REST ASSURED every detail is carefully checked and my passion for the art and the process are equally important.
MY CUSTOMERS AND CLIENTS ARE THE BEST.
Your support means so much to me.
Have a lovely look around and thank you for making my work a part of your life.
GET IN THE RDB COLLECTOR'S KREWE ...
IF YOU'D LIKE TO BECOME A KREWE MEMBER and get theRDBcollection emails to receive monthly info about new items, specials or RDB collector-only experiences CLICK on CONTACT in the drop-down menu and send me a note.